Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Turn of Events

I know it's been a while since I posted anything, but it's for good reason.  My 2nd love.. the one that got away has returned to me.  She is back in my life, and in ways that I never believed possible.  More on that later.

It's extremely complicated, there's a lot of story I haven't gotten to on here yet that I had intended to, and I will eventually, but for now I want to explain my current situation.

I got married in 2003, I was 27 and she was 25.  The relationship was pretty doomed from the beginning for reasons I'm not going to get into at this point.  In November of 2004 we had a baby boy, the light of my life.  In 2005 I was laid off from my job of 6 1/2 years, was unemployed for just over 6 months (a blessing in disguise, got to be around my son all the time).  Started work the first of the year 2006, worked there for 2 years and just under 4 months and was fired from there (my fault), started working about a month later for way less money, worked there for a little over a year and got fired again (I do not accept blame for this one, long story).  All the time I was working up until I got fired from the second job, my wife was going to school to be a nurse.  Finally she graduated in 2008 and was working in the late part of the year.  By this point our relationship had deteriorated significantly and by July 2009 she moved out.  We are still married, more for financial reasons than anything else.

I said previously that my second love recently found out that her husband had been cheating on her.  That's not entirely accurate, apparently he's been cheating on her for about 4 years and she just recently found out that he's STILL cheating on her.  She said that she has been in denial about it for a long time, but she is finally over it and done with him.  She is going to see an attorney this week to start the divorce process.

This past weekend, she came for a visit, her parents and her brother still live here and her brother's birthday was this past weekend.  She also found a way to spend some time with me.  I dared not believe anything would come of her visit, regardless of the fact that I am still in love with her.  It amazes me how that feeling never goes away.  But something did happen, and no I will not go into details, but it was the best weekend I've had in a very long time.  And it ended with her going home (one state north of me), but with a vision of the future that included us being together.  It only took 13 years, but we've been reunited and my future has never looked so bright.

Now we both have divorces to go through and we both have children and the intention is for her to move back here.  All of this is going to be difficult, but completely worth it.

How strange to think how one weekend can change my life so drastically.  So here's to the future...  more to come.

No comments: