Search This Blog

Monday, June 14, 2010

Love the Third

Is it possible to have loved someone that you only know over the computer?  I say that it is because I have experienced it.  There were many years between my second love and my third and many broken relationships with women that I was never really in love with.  I lived with one of my ex-girlfriends for a short time (about 5 months) and after that failed, I spent pretty much all of my free time on IRC (internet-relay chat).  During that time I fell in love with a woman in Texas.  I think we "dated" on IRC for about 2 months or so, spending all of our free time talking to each other either on the phone or over the computer.  Then she decided that she couldn't commit to just dating me and I am not one that likes the idea of not dating someone exclusively.  I don't share.  So we decided to break it off, several days later I started dating my fourth love.  I know that seems fast, but she came on strong, I'll explain that story later.

I did finally meet my TX love about 6 months after we split up.  I was helping my parents move back to FL from Arizona and I convinced them to take a slight detour so that I could stop and meet her.  We arrived at about 11:30 pm, she came and picked me up, we went back to her place and I spent the night (no, nothing other than sleep happened).  The next morning, she got up and took her kids to school.  I never expected anything to happen between us, but while we were at her house that morning, she kissed me.  It was one of the most amazing kisses I've ever experienced.  There was a definite chemistry there.  Shortly after that my dad called because he wanted to get back on the road.  So, while I didn't have much time with her, it was enough to leave me wanting more.

What I had failed to mention to her was that I was dating someone back in FL when I visited her.  I told her about it when I got back to FL and I don't think she's ever forgiven me.  Now I know that it most likely never would have ended up working out anyways, she had no interest in moving to FL and I honestly had no interest in moving to TX.  But there was definitely something between us.

Fourth love coming soon...

No comments: